# Deploy code to POD
Storefront Cloud PODs are configured to deploy the code during the initialization procedure. Note: Please note that your code is available under Storefront Cloud Code Access (Web+Git) via the credentials provided by the Cloud Team.
That being said, the deployment = restart the POD. Our Kubernetes configuration works with zero-downtime configuration.
You may find two repositories in there:
- demo-storefrontcloud-io - where the master branch is used to deploy the production frontend and the develop branch is used to deploy the test frontend,
- demo-storefrontcloud-io-api - where the master branch is used to deploy the production API and the develop branch is used to deploy the test API.
The namespaces are bound to the public URL addresses:
- demo-storefrontcloud-io is deployed under demo.storefrontcloud.io
- demo-storefrontcloud-io-api is deployed under demo.storefrontcloud.io/api
To deploy the changes to demo.storefrontcloud.io you may run:
node scripts/cli.js deploy --pod=front
To deploy the changes to demo.storefrontcloud.io/api you may run:
node scripts/cli.js deploy --pod=api
This command will execute the following sequence of steps:
- create new instance of the selected role's container,
- run the initialization + deployment procedure,
- kill the old container whenever the new one is up and running,
- select the new container as the default one.