Before your code changes are visible to the Public internet, you need to deploy them from your Repository.
Note: We strongly recommend that you use the develop branch for development + tests and the master branch of your Storefront Cloud repositories to deploy stable releases.
You may find two repositories in there:
- demo-storefrontcloud-io - where the master branch is used to deploy the production frontend and the develop branch is used to deploy the test frontend,
- demo-storefrontcloud-io-api - where the master branch is used to deploy the production API and the develop branch is used to deploy the test API.
The namespaces are bound to the public URL addresses:
- demo-storefrontcloud-io is deployed under demo.storefrontcloud.io
- demo-storefrontcloud-io-api is deployed under demo.storefrontcloud.io/api
To deploy the code changes, please:
- check if all changes have been committed to the right branch (develop for theinstance-test.storefrontcloud.io, master for theinstance.storefrontcloud.io),
- execute the CLI tool deploy command.
To deploy the changes to demo.storefrontcloud.io you may run:
node scripts/cli.js deploy --pod=front
To deploy the changes to demo.storefrontcloud.io/api you may run:
node scripts/cli.js deploy --pod=api
This command will execute the following sequence of steps:
- create a new instance of the selected role's container,
- run the initialization + deployment procedure,
- kill the old container whenever the new one is up and running,
- select the new container as the default one.